Our March newsletter was published online today, along with our upcoming insurance CE schedule. For those of you who are unaware, in addition to offering our insurance CE webinars in Montana we now offer them in the state of Oregon. We are also presenting our CE webinar courses in-house so, if you’d like your agency/company staff to attend the same webinar–either one we are already offering or one we design especially for you, contact Linda directly for more information.
Lloy Griffing of FloodCo hosted three insurance CE seminars at the Marina Cay Resort in Bigfork on Monday, October 5th. Despite the dry subjects (Montana law, ethics, and cyber security), we had a terrific time and are looking forward to returning to the area in the spring for another FloodCo-sponsored event.
We spent the day on Tuesday, October 6 with Coleen, Erica, and John at the Montana Logging Association. These wonderful people were kind enough to host the day’s two seminars: Insuring Mother Nature and Insurance Fraud.
We appreciate our clients, as well. If it weren’t for their enthusiastic invitations to return to Montana, and their faithful attendance at our classroom seminars, we wouldn’t be able to have this much fun … this often … in Montana.
We are happy to announce that we received approval from the Montana Insurance Continuing Education Program for three brand new webinars:
2015 Montana Insurance Legislative Updates is approved for 1 hour of CE and addresses some of the insurance changes addressed during the 2015 regular legislative session. This webinar will be offered in 2015 on October 20 and December 19. 2016 dates will be announced sometime in October. This seminar meets the requirements of the legislative changes course.
Ethical Dilemmas is approved for 3 hours of CE and helps students achieve a better understanding of the ethical dilemmas they routinely face concerning service issues, privacy and confidentiality, and understanding issues related to the insurance application. This webinar will be offered in 2015 on October 14 and December 15. 2016 dates will be announced sometime in October.
Insuring Mother Nature is approved for 3 hours of CE. Mother Nature tends to surprise us with a variety of weather events. In this course, we help students become familiar with P&C underwriting risks and how they relate to certain catastrophe risks, acquire a basic understanding about why the purchase of separate flood insurance is so important, understand the earth movement exclusion (and coverage) and how it pertains to more than just earthquakes. This webinar will be offered in 2015 on November 17. 2016 dates will be announced sometime in October.
We are holding two days of insurance classroom seminars in Montana on October 5 and 6, offering a total of 14 hours of approved insurance continuing education credit.
October 5, Bigfork (sponsored by FloodCo)
8 to 9 a.m. – 2015 Montana Insurance Legislative Updates (1 hour of CE) -BRAND NEW course
9:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. – Ethical Dilemmas (3 hours of CE) – BRAND NEW course
12:15 to 1:15 p.m. – lunch (included)
1:15 to 4:15 p.m. – Cyber Security (3 hours of CE) – 2nd presentation; 1st presentation was in Missoula in June
October 6, Kalispell
8 to 11 a.m. – Insuring Mother Nature (3 hours of CE) – BRAND NEW course
12 to 4 p.m. – Insurance Fraud (4 hours of CE)
Seating is limited. A $10 late registration fee applies, per seminar, only for the October 6th events for registrations received after 9/29. Location: Montana Logging Association, 2224 Highway 35.
FloodCo, LLC is partnering with us by sponsoring a day of insurance CE in Kalispell on Wednesday, June 10, 2015:
- 9 a.m. – 12 p.m., Ethics and E&O: A Professional Relationship – approved for 3 hours of CE
- 12 – 1 p.m., break for lunch, which is included
- 1 – 4 p.m., Flood Insurance – approved for 3 hours of CE; meets FEMA training requirements
Seminars to be held in the Community Room at Snappy’s Sports Senter in Kalispell.
For more information, or to register, contact Lloy Griffing at FloodCo:
- Mobile phone 406-270-0799
- Email: Lloy@FloodCo.net
We’re happy to report that the Montana Insurance Continuing Education Program has approved two more classroom CE courses in our curriculum:
Both classroom seminars will be presented in Missoula in June (on the 8th and 9th) and in Kalispell in September (on the 29th and 30th).
We expect to e submitting a Cyber Security webinar during the month of May, as well as several other new webinars and seminars in the coming months.
Our February newsletter, which contains our CE schedule for the month of February, was published today. To view the newsletter online, click this link. If you would like us to email you a copy of the newsletter, send us an email at CE@faulknereducation.com with “send newsletter” in the subject line.
We are in the process of finalizing our Montana classroom seminar dates and will get our complete 2015 calendar up on the website soon.
We will be in Great Falls on June 11th to present two 4-hour insurance CE seminars at the annual convention of the Montana Association of Mutual Insurance Companies (MAMIC). We also expect to be in the Kalispell/Whitefish area earlier that same week. We will be in Missoula and Kalispell sometime during the last 10 days of September and the first week of October.
We’re happy to announce that the Montana Insurance Continuing Education Program has approved two new webinars, which we’ve added to our curriculum:
- Insurance Claims … and Fraud has been approved for 3 hours CE credit and addresses the following topics:
- Unauthorized insurance entities
- Unfair insurance trade practices
- Claims and fraud pertaining to disasters and the following types of insurance claims: property, liability, auto, and WC
- Tips for detecting and preventing insurance fraud
- Personal Lines Coverage Issues has been approved for 3 hours of CE credit and addresses the following topics:
- Who is insured on various PL policies
- Coverage gaps in the HO and auto policies for certain types of recreational vehicles
- PL insurance policies available to insure recreational vehicles
- Property exposures best insured in inland marine floaters and policies
Our first presentations of these webinars will be held on the following dates – times shown are EASTERN time:
- Insurance Claims … and Fraud – October 29 at 11 a.m. EASTERN time
- Personal Lines Coverage Issues – December 11 at 2 p.m. EASTERN time
We’ve have 5 more insurance CE courses approved in Montana: three classroom seminars and two webinars:
- The three 4-hour classroom seminars will be presented in both Missoula and Kalispell during the week of September 22:
- 4 Must-Have Commercial Lines Coverages
- Personal Lines Coverage Issues
- Insurance Claims … and Fraud
- We will begin presenting the two 2-hour webinars in late June or early July:
- 4 Must-Have Commercial Lines Coverages – Part 1
- 4 Must-Have Commercial Lines Coverages – Part 2
We will be submitting the webinars to the state of Oregon later this month and will be submitting additional webinars in both Montana and Oregon next month.
We’ll have more details on our website sometime next week, well as in our monthly newsletter. Click here to subscribe to our monthly insurance CE newsletter.
Our five most recent submissions to the Montana Department of Insurance were approved for CE credit for producers and adjusters:
- 2013 Montana Legislative Changes – we are offering this 1-hour course in THREE formats: classroom, webinar, and self-study
- Ethics and E&O: A Professional Relationship – we are currently offering this 3-hours course in two formats, classroom and webinar, and will be adding it to our self-study curriculum soon
Our self-study courses require the student to complete and pass a monitored exam. They’re not as much fun as our webinars and seminars, but they’re easy to read and understand and our exams don’t include any “tricky” questions.