Our March newsletter was published online today, along with our upcoming insurance CE schedule. For those of you who are unaware, in addition to offering our insurance CE webinars in Montana we now offer them in the state of Oregon. We are also presenting our CE webinar courses in-house so, if you’d like your agency/company staff to attend the same webinar–either one we are already offering or one we design especially for you, contact Linda directly for more information.
Lloy Griffing of FloodCo hosted three insurance CE seminars at the Marina Cay Resort in Bigfork on Monday, October 5th. Despite the dry subjects (Montana law, ethics, and cyber security), we had a terrific time and are looking forward to returning to the area in the spring for another FloodCo-sponsored event.
We spent the day on Tuesday, October 6 with Coleen, Erica, and John at the Montana Logging Association. These wonderful people were kind enough to host the day’s two seminars: Insuring Mother Nature and Insurance Fraud.
We appreciate our clients, as well. If it weren’t for their enthusiastic invitations to return to Montana, and their faithful attendance at our classroom seminars, we wouldn’t be able to have this much fun … this often … in Montana.
We are happy to announce that we received approval from the Montana Insurance Continuing Education Program for three brand new webinars:
2015 Montana Insurance Legislative Updates is approved for 1 hour of CE and addresses some of the insurance changes addressed during the 2015 regular legislative session. This webinar will be offered in 2015 on October 20 and December 19. 2016 dates will be announced sometime in October. This seminar meets the requirements of the legislative changes course.
Ethical Dilemmas is approved for 3 hours of CE and helps students achieve a better understanding of the ethical dilemmas they routinely face concerning service issues, privacy and confidentiality, and understanding issues related to the insurance application. This webinar will be offered in 2015 on October 14 and December 15. 2016 dates will be announced sometime in October.
Insuring Mother Nature is approved for 3 hours of CE. Mother Nature tends to surprise us with a variety of weather events. In this course, we help students become familiar with P&C underwriting risks and how they relate to certain catastrophe risks, acquire a basic understanding about why the purchase of separate flood insurance is so important, understand the earth movement exclusion (and coverage) and how it pertains to more than just earthquakes. This webinar will be offered in 2015 on November 17. 2016 dates will be announced sometime in October.
We’re happy to announce that the Montana Insurance Continuing Education Program has approved two new webinars, which we’ve added to our curriculum:
- Insurance Claims … and Fraud has been approved for 3 hours CE credit and addresses the following topics:
- Unauthorized insurance entities
- Unfair insurance trade practices
- Claims and fraud pertaining to disasters and the following types of insurance claims: property, liability, auto, and WC
- Tips for detecting and preventing insurance fraud
- Personal Lines Coverage Issues has been approved for 3 hours of CE credit and addresses the following topics:
- Who is insured on various PL policies
- Coverage gaps in the HO and auto policies for certain types of recreational vehicles
- PL insurance policies available to insure recreational vehicles
- Property exposures best insured in inland marine floaters and policies
Our first presentations of these webinars will be held on the following dates – times shown are EASTERN time:
- Insurance Claims … and Fraud – October 29 at 11 a.m. EASTERN time
- Personal Lines Coverage Issues – December 11 at 2 p.m. EASTERN time