Q: Do you know how hiring a ride with a Transportation Network Company (TNC) like Uber or Lyft works?
Q: Do you know if the TNC has auto insurance, requires its drivers to have insurance, and/or conducts background checks before hiring drivers?
Q: If you want to drive for a TNC, do you know if you must pass a background check, if your car must pass an inspection, if you must have certain types and limits of insurance?
Q: When does a ride really begin and end? How much does one cost and how high can the prices go?
Q: What’s all the hooplah about?
We’ll answer these and other questions during our live webinar, Ridesharing, which will be presented on May 16 at 11 a.m. Mountain/1 p.m. Eastern time. Insurance producers and adjusters in Montana will earn 1 hour of continuing education (CE) credit for completing the webinar and click here to register.
In addition to our monthly schedule of insurance continuing education webinars, we are now offering insurance CE webinars by request. This means is we will hold webinars just for you–at dates and times that work for you, including Saturday mornings. Choose from among the 15 courses in our curriculum or arrange for us to develop a webinar to meet your particular needs.
How does it work?
- You contact us with your preferred date and time, and the webinars you are interested in
- We check Linda’s availablity as instructor
- Our fee is based on the number of attendees; the more attendees, the lower the cost per person
For more information, click here.
Our February newsletter, which contains our CE schedule for the month of February, was published today. To view the newsletter online, click this link. If you would like us to email you a copy of the newsletter, send us an email at CE@faulknereducation.com with “send newsletter” in the subject line.
We are in the process of finalizing our Montana classroom seminar dates and will get our complete 2015 calendar up on the website soon.
We will be in Great Falls on June 11th to present two 4-hour insurance CE seminars at the annual convention of the Montana Association of Mutual Insurance Companies (MAMIC). We also expect to be in the Kalispell/Whitefish area earlier that same week. We will be in Missoula and Kalispell sometime during the last 10 days of September and the first week of October.
We’re happy to announce that the Montana Insurance Continuing Education Program has approved two new webinars, which we’ve added to our curriculum:
- Insurance Claims … and Fraud has been approved for 3 hours CE credit and addresses the following topics:
- Unauthorized insurance entities
- Unfair insurance trade practices
- Claims and fraud pertaining to disasters and the following types of insurance claims: property, liability, auto, and WC
- Tips for detecting and preventing insurance fraud
- Personal Lines Coverage Issues has been approved for 3 hours of CE credit and addresses the following topics:
- Who is insured on various PL policies
- Coverage gaps in the HO and auto policies for certain types of recreational vehicles
- PL insurance policies available to insure recreational vehicles
- Property exposures best insured in inland marine floaters and policies
Our first presentations of these webinars will be held on the following dates – times shown are EASTERN time:
- Insurance Claims … and Fraud – October 29 at 11 a.m. EASTERN time
- Personal Lines Coverage Issues – December 11 at 2 p.m. EASTERN time
Our five most recent submissions to the Montana Department of Insurance were approved for CE credit for producers and adjusters:
Our webinar and classroom seminars do NOT require an exam to earn CE credit. They’re interactive and fun … considering all we do is talk about insurance!
Our self-study courses require the student to complete and pass a monitored exam. They’re not as much fun as our webinars and seminars, but they’re easy to read and understand and our exams don’t include any “tricky” questions.
Join us for a free webinar about our 2014 insurance CE and training curriculum. During this webinar, we will:
- Introduce you to our webinar format
- Discuss our upcoming 2014 insurance CE curriculum (classroom seminars, live webinars, and self-study courses)
- Discuss our upcoming insurance training products that will be available for purchase and download from our website
- Answer your questions and collect your feedback about the types of courses and products you’d like us to add to our curriculum
The actual webinar presentation will last 20-30 minutes and will be followed by a Q&A session. To register, click here.
In partnership with A.D. Banker and Company, I’ll be presenting a 45-minute webinar preview of A.D. Banker’s insurance CE course, Identifying Insurance Fraud, at 1:00 p.m. EST on Thursday, March 7th and again on Thursday, March 21st. The CE course is available online as a self-study course and, depending upon your state, has been approved for 5 to 7 credit hours for producers and adjusters.
Click here to register for the free webinar.
To review the courses offered by A.D. Banker (many of which I developed and wrote), visit their website and choose your state and preferred method of course delivery (classroom, online, or self-study).
All my webinars, trainings, and CE classroom presentations appear in my events calendar, which appears at the bottom of each page on this website, as soon as they’re scheduled.