Our newest insurance classroom insurance CE seminar was approved this week for 4 hours in the state of Montana. P&C: 4 Important Pieces touches on four specific topics that are essential to both personal lines and commercial lines producers:
- Bonds and suretyship
- Crime and fidelity insurance
- Inland marine coverages
- Renting cars
The debut presentation of this course will be held in Kalispell on September 23, 2016 beginning at 8:30 a.m. For more information, visit our FloodCo CE page.
We are happy to report that the Montana Insurance Continuing Education Program just approved two new classroom insurance CE courses:
P&C Smorgasbord was approved for 8 hours of credit and contains eight, 1-hour topics:
- Renting Cars
- Identity Theft
- Terrorism Insurance
- Inland Marine Coverages
- Surplus Lines
- Cyber Security
Life and Health Smorgasbord was approved for 4 hours of credit and contains three topics:
- Anti-money laundering (1 hour)
- Medicare (2 hours)
- Affordable Care Act (1 hour)
Both courses will be presented in Missoula during the week of September 18, 2016. For more information about pricing and registration, click here.
We had TERRIFIC insurance continuing education classroom seminars in Bigfork and Kalispell last week, thanks to the folks at FloodCo of Whitefish and the Montana Logging Association in Kalispell.
Lloy Griffing of FloodCo hosted three insurance CE seminars at the Marina Cay Resort in Bigfork on Monday, October 5th. Despite the dry subjects (Montana law, ethics, and cyber security), we had a terrific time and are looking forward to returning to the area in the spring for another FloodCo-sponsored event.
We spent the day on Tuesday, October 6 with Coleen, Erica, and John at the Montana Logging Association. These wonderful people were kind enough to host the day’s two seminars: Insuring Mother Nature and Insurance Fraud.
We appreciate our clients, as well. If it weren’t for their enthusiastic invitations to return to Montana, and their faithful attendance at our classroom seminars, we wouldn’t be able to have this much fun … this often … in Montana.
We are holding two days of insurance classroom seminars in Montana on October 5 and 6, offering a total of 14 hours of approved insurance continuing education credit.
October 5, Bigfork (sponsored by FloodCo)
8 to 9 a.m. – 2015 Montana Insurance Legislative Updates (1 hour of CE) -BRAND NEW course
9:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. – Ethical Dilemmas (3 hours of CE) – BRAND NEW course
12:15 to 1:15 p.m. – lunch (included)
1:15 to 4:15 p.m. – Cyber Security (3 hours of CE) – 2nd presentation; 1st presentation was in Missoula in June
Seating is limited and registration is being handled by Lloy Griffing at FloodCo. You may contact Lloy by phone at 406-270-0799 or by email at Lloy@FloodCo.net. Location: Marina Cay conference room.
October 6, Kalispell
8 to 11 a.m. – Insuring Mother Nature (3 hours of CE) – BRAND NEW course
12 to 4 p.m. – Insurance Fraud (4 hours of CE)
Seating is limited. A $10 late registration fee applies, per seminar, only for the October 6th events for registrations received after 9/29. Location: Montana Logging Association, 2224 Highway 35.
We just received approval for three new insurance continuing education classroom seminars in Montana:
- 2015 Montana Insurance Legislative Updates was approved for 1 hour of CE
- Ethical Dilemmas was approved for 3 hours of CE
- Insuring Mother Nature was approved for 3 hours of CE
The ethics and legislative changes courses will be presented for the first time at our FloodCo sponsored event in Bigfork, Montana on Monday, October 5th. Insuring Mother Nature will be presented for the first time in Kalispell on October 6.
For more information, or to register for these classroom seminars, click the following links in the red linkbar appearing at the top of the page: CE Course Dates, Insurance Courses, and/or FloodCo Sponsored Insurance CE in Montana.
We’re happy to announce that the Montana Insurance Continuing Education Program has approved two new webinars, which we’ve added to our curriculum:
- Insurance Claims … and Fraud has been approved for 3 hours CE credit and addresses the following topics:
- Unauthorized insurance entities
- Unfair insurance trade practices
- Claims and fraud pertaining to disasters and the following types of insurance claims: property, liability, auto, and WC
- Tips for detecting and preventing insurance fraud
- Personal Lines Coverage Issues has been approved for 3 hours of CE credit and addresses the following topics:
- Who is insured on various PL policies
- Coverage gaps in the HO and auto policies for certain types of recreational vehicles
- PL insurance policies available to insure recreational vehicles
- Property exposures best insured in inland marine floaters and policies
Our first presentations of these webinars will be held on the following dates – times shown are EASTERN time:
- Insurance Claims … and Fraud – October 29 at 11 a.m. EASTERN time
- Personal Lines Coverage Issues – December 11 at 2 p.m. EASTERN time
We’ve have 5 more insurance CE courses approved in Montana: three classroom seminars and two webinars:
- The three 4-hour classroom seminars will be presented in both Missoula and Kalispell during the week of September 22:
- 4 Must-Have Commercial Lines Coverages
- Personal Lines Coverage Issues
- Insurance Claims … and Fraud
- We will begin presenting the two 2-hour webinars in late June or early July:
- 4 Must-Have Commercial Lines Coverages – Part 1
- 4 Must-Have Commercial Lines Coverages – Part 2
We will be submitting the webinars to the state of Oregon later this month and will be submitting additional webinars in both Montana and Oregon next month.
We’ll have more details on our website sometime next week, well as in our monthly newsletter. Click here to subscribe to our monthly insurance CE newsletter.
The response to my proposal for offering insurance continuing education classes in Missoula in September was SUCCESSFUL! So, thanks to all those wonderful people who were able to receive my inquiry and respond so quickly, I’m in the process of negotiating conference space and mapping out the curriculum.
Of course, I need to submit everything to the Montana DOI for course approval, but I’m hoping to have that done within the next couple of weeks. Once I’ve booked the hotel and scheduled the curriculum, I’ll put up a “Montana CE” page on the website for you to look things over and download a registration form.
Montana, here I come!
I moved back to Massachusetts from Montana two years ago. (Actually, my puppy and I headed out for the 2,700-mile drive on February 26, 2011.) Since that time, many of the insurance professionals who attended the classroom insurance continuing education courses I offered during the 7 years I lived in Montana have contacted me to see when I would be returning.
Well, how can I resist all the love and devotion of those people … especially after all this time? In two words: I can’t.
I’ve decided to put together 2 days of classroom CE seminars in Missoula during the mid-September if enough people register for them. Each day will offer two different seminars totaling 8 hours of CE credit. At the moment, my plans for topics include (but are not limited to):
- Flood Insurance (meeting FEMA training guidelines)
- Healthcare Reform
- Professional Liability (E&O, D&O, EPL, and Cyber)
- Insurance Fraud
If you, or someone you know, are interested in attending and want to be included on my mailing list once I’ve settled on the curriculum and reserved the date and location, email me at Linda@LindaFaulkner.com