We’re happy to announce that the Montana Insurance Continuing Education Program has approved two new webinars, which we’ve added to our curriculum:
- Insurance Claims … and Fraud has been approved for 3 hours CE credit and addresses the following topics:
- Unauthorized insurance entities
- Unfair insurance trade practices
- Claims and fraud pertaining to disasters and the following types of insurance claims: property, liability, auto, and WC
- Tips for detecting and preventing insurance fraud
- Personal Lines Coverage Issues has been approved for 3 hours of CE credit and addresses the following topics:
- Who is insured on various PL policies
- Coverage gaps in the HO and auto policies for certain types of recreational vehicles
- PL insurance policies available to insure recreational vehicles
- Property exposures best insured in inland marine floaters and policies
Our first presentations of these webinars will be held on the following dates – times shown are EASTERN time:
- Insurance Claims … and Fraud – October 29 at 11 a.m. EASTERN time
- Personal Lines Coverage Issues – December 11 at 2 p.m. EASTERN time
We’ve have 5 more insurance CE courses approved in Montana: three classroom seminars and two webinars:
- The three 4-hour classroom seminars will be presented in both Missoula and Kalispell during the week of September 22:
- 4 Must-Have Commercial Lines Coverages
- Personal Lines Coverage Issues
- Insurance Claims … and Fraud
- We will begin presenting the two 2-hour webinars in late June or early July:
- 4 Must-Have Commercial Lines Coverages – Part 1
- 4 Must-Have Commercial Lines Coverages – Part 2
We will be submitting the webinars to the state of Oregon later this month and will be submitting additional webinars in both Montana and Oregon next month.
We’ll have more details on our website sometime next week, well as in our monthly newsletter. Click here to subscribe to our monthly insurance CE newsletter.
Our five most recent submissions to the Montana Department of Insurance were approved for CE credit for producers and adjusters:
Our webinar and classroom seminars do NOT require an exam to earn CE credit. They’re interactive and fun … considering all we do is talk about insurance!
Our self-study courses require the student to complete and pass a monitored exam. They’re not as much fun as our webinars and seminars, but they’re easy to read and understand and our exams don’t include any “tricky” questions.
The response to my proposal for offering insurance continuing education classes in Missoula in September was SUCCESSFUL! So, thanks to all those wonderful people who were able to receive my inquiry and respond so quickly, I’m in the process of negotiating conference space and mapping out the curriculum.
Of course, I need to submit everything to the Montana DOI for course approval, but I’m hoping to have that done within the next couple of weeks. Once I’ve booked the hotel and scheduled the curriculum, I’ll put up a “Montana CE” page on the website for you to look things over and download a registration form.
Montana, here I come!
I moved back to Massachusetts from Montana two years ago. (Actually, my puppy and I headed out for the 2,700-mile drive on February 26, 2011.) Since that time, many of the insurance professionals who attended the classroom insurance continuing education courses I offered during the 7 years I lived in Montana have contacted me to see when I would be returning.
Well, how can I resist all the love and devotion of those people … especially after all this time? In two words: I can’t.
I’ve decided to put together 2 days of classroom CE seminars in Missoula during the mid-September if enough people register for them. Each day will offer two different seminars totaling 8 hours of CE credit. At the moment, my plans for topics include (but are not limited to):
- Flood Insurance (meeting FEMA training guidelines)
- Healthcare Reform
- Professional Liability (E&O, D&O, EPL, and Cyber)
- Insurance Fraud
If you, or someone you know, are interested in attending and want to be included on my mailing list once I’ve settled on the curriculum and reserved the date and location, email me at Linda@LindaFaulkner.com