Our March newsletter was published online today, along with our upcoming insurance CE schedule. For those of you who are unaware, in addition to offering our insurance CE webinars in Montana we now offer them in the state of Oregon. We are also presenting our CE webinar courses in-house so, if you’d like your agency/company staff to attend the same webinar–either one we are already offering or one we design especially for you, contact Linda directly for more information.
We just received approval six new insurance CE webinars in Montana and Oregon–check out our updated Webinar Schedule!
- Cyber Security (approved for 3 hours in MT and OR)
- Insurance Fraud, Part 1 (approved for 2 hours in MT)
- Insurance Fraud, Part 2 (approved for 2 hours in MT)
- Liability Insurance (approved for 3 hours in MT)
- Renting Cars (approved for 1 hour in MT and OR)
- Insuring Mother Nature (approved for 3 hours in MT and OR)
Webinars in December:
- 2015 Montana Insurance Legislative Updates (new!)
- Ethical Dilemmas (new!)
Webinars in January:
- Renting Cars (new!)
- Cyber Security (new!)
- 2015 Montana Insurance Legislative Updates
Webinars in February:
- Ethics and E&O: A Professional Relationship
- Liability Insurance (new!)
- Flood Insurance Training Course (meets FEMA requirements)
Lloy Griffing of FloodCo hosted three insurance CE seminars at the Marina Cay Resort in Bigfork on Monday, October 5th. Despite the dry subjects (Montana law, ethics, and cyber security), we had a terrific time and are looking forward to returning to the area in the spring for another FloodCo-sponsored event.
We spent the day on Tuesday, October 6 with Coleen, Erica, and John at the Montana Logging Association. These wonderful people were kind enough to host the day’s two seminars: Insuring Mother Nature and Insurance Fraud.
We appreciate our clients, as well. If it weren’t for their enthusiastic invitations to return to Montana, and their faithful attendance at our classroom seminars, we wouldn’t be able to have this much fun … this often … in Montana.
We are happy to announce that we received approval from the Montana Insurance Continuing Education Program for three brand new webinars:
2015 Montana Insurance Legislative Updates is approved for 1 hour of CE and addresses some of the insurance changes addressed during the 2015 regular legislative session. This webinar will be offered in 2015 on October 20 and December 19. 2016 dates will be announced sometime in October. This seminar meets the requirements of the legislative changes course.
Ethical Dilemmas is approved for 3 hours of CE and helps students achieve a better understanding of the ethical dilemmas they routinely face concerning service issues, privacy and confidentiality, and understanding issues related to the insurance application. This webinar will be offered in 2015 on October 14 and December 15. 2016 dates will be announced sometime in October.
Insuring Mother Nature is approved for 3 hours of CE. Mother Nature tends to surprise us with a variety of weather events. In this course, we help students become familiar with P&C underwriting risks and how they relate to certain catastrophe risks, acquire a basic understanding about why the purchase of separate flood insurance is so important, understand the earth movement exclusion (and coverage) and how it pertains to more than just earthquakes. This webinar will be offered in 2015 on November 17. 2016 dates will be announced sometime in October.
We are holding two days of insurance classroom seminars in Montana on October 5 and 6, offering a total of 14 hours of approved insurance continuing education credit.
October 5, Bigfork (sponsored by FloodCo)
8 to 9 a.m. – 2015 Montana Insurance Legislative Updates (1 hour of CE) -BRAND NEW course
9:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. – Ethical Dilemmas (3 hours of CE) – BRAND NEW course
12:15 to 1:15 p.m. – lunch (included)
1:15 to 4:15 p.m. – Cyber Security (3 hours of CE) – 2nd presentation; 1st presentation was in Missoula in June
October 6, Kalispell
8 to 11 a.m. – Insuring Mother Nature (3 hours of CE) – BRAND NEW course
12 to 4 p.m. – Insurance Fraud (4 hours of CE)
Seating is limited. A $10 late registration fee applies, per seminar, only for the October 6th events for registrations received after 9/29. Location: Montana Logging Association, 2224 Highway 35.
We just received approval for three new insurance continuing education classroom seminars in Montana:
- 2015 Montana Insurance Legislative Updates was approved for 1 hour of CE
- Ethical Dilemmas was approved for 3 hours of CE
- Insuring Mother Nature was approved for 3 hours of CE
The ethics and legislative changes courses will be presented for the first time at our FloodCo sponsored event in Bigfork, Montana on Monday, October 5th. Insuring Mother Nature will be presented for the first time in Kalispell on October 6.
For more information, or to register for these classroom seminars, click the following links in the red linkbar appearing at the top of the page: CE Course Dates, Insurance Courses, and/or FloodCo Sponsored Insurance CE in Montana.
We will be in the Kalispell area on October 5 and 6 offering five insurance CE seminars, all of which are brand new.
Our October 5th event is sponsored by FloodCo and we are in the process of negotiating the venue, which will probably be in Bigfork. Registration and inquiries for the event should be directed to Lloy Griffing. He can be reached by email or phone at Lloy@FloodCo.net or 406-270-0799.
- 8 to 9 a.m. – new 2015 legislative updates course, submitted for approval for 1 CE
- 9:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. – new ethics course, submitted for approval for 3 CEs
- 1:15 to 4:15 p.m. – Cyber Security – approved for 3 CEs
Our October 6th event will be held at the offices of the Montana Logging Association:
- 8 to 11 a.m. – new course, Insuring Mother Nature, submitted for approval for 3 CEs
- 12 to 4 p.m. – new course, to be announced, to be submitted for approval for 4 CEs
Now that the summer webinar hiatus is nearing an end, we’ve posted our insurance CE webinar schedule online for the remainder of the year.
Our September lineup includes:
- 9/16 – 4 Must-Have Commercial Lines Coverages, Part 1 (2 hours)
- 9/17 – 4 Must-Have Commercial Lines Coverages, Part 2 (2 hours)
- 9/29 – Personal Lines Coverage Issues (3 hours)
To see all our insurance CE course dates for the remainder of 2015, including classroom seminars in Bigfork and Kalispell, Montana on October 5 and 6, visit our website’s CE Course Dates page.
FloodCo, LLC is partnering with us by sponsoring a day of insurance CE in Kalispell on Wednesday, June 10, 2015:
- 9 a.m. – 12 p.m., Ethics and E&O: A Professional Relationship – approved for 3 hours of CE
- 12 – 1 p.m., break for lunch, which is included
- 1 – 4 p.m., Flood Insurance – approved for 3 hours of CE; meets FEMA training requirements
Seminars to be held in the Community Room at Snappy’s Sports Senter in Kalispell.
For more information, or to register, contact Lloy Griffing at FloodCo:
- Mobile phone 406-270-0799
- Email: Lloy@FloodCo.net
We’re happy to report that the Montana Insurance Continuing Education Program has approved two more classroom CE courses in our curriculum:
Both classroom seminars will be presented in Missoula in June (on the 8th and 9th) and in Kalispell in September (on the 29th and 30th).
We expect to e submitting a Cyber Security webinar during the month of May, as well as several other new webinars and seminars in the coming months.